How we handle your personal information
- Personal information or opinions is required to allow others to identify you. It may include your name, age, gender, contact details and information about the products or services that are supplied. PRINTS PUBLICATIONS does not sell, rent or otherwise make available any personal data submitted by visitors to our site to any third parties.
Collection of personal information
Generally, PRINTS PUBLICATIONS collects personal information directly from you or via its clients. For example, we collect personal information when you:
- Deal with us in person, by telephone, letter, fax or email
- Fill out and submit a membership application form
- Submit any other information in connection with your application for membership or the purchase of products and services
- Register for a journal subscription
- Make an enquiry via a web form on the website or any of the linked websites
Why we collect information
We collect your personal information to enable us to provide various products and services. With your permission, PRINTS PUBLICATIONS or its clients may use this information for such purposes as:
- For the purposes for which you specifically provided the information including, for example, to enable us to process, validate and verify subscriptions.
- To send you e-mail notifications about our new or existing products and services, special offers, or to otherwise contact you.
- Sending you paper publications or other correspondence
- Delivering goods
- To enhance existing features or develop new features, products and services.
- To allow us to personalize the content that you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences.
Email addresses of people who place electronic orders with PRINTS PUBLICATIONS are used for reply purposes only, unless specifically stated otherwise. We also accumulate email addresses from people who subscribe to our mailing list. If the information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, or outdated, please inform us so that we can correct it.
Use and disclosure
- PRINTS PUBLICATIONS’ policy is not to disclose any personal information that we hold on you to any unrelated third party, except where you have given your express consent for us to do so or where required by law.
- We collect and use, and may from time to time supply third parties with this information only as anonymous, aggregated user data for the purposes of usage analysis, quality control and administering and improving the site.
- Arrangements are occasionally made with suppliers of goods and services for their mailings to be sent to members. All material is carefully vetted and the mailing list is never released to third parties. PRINTS PUBLICATIONS may use your email address for the purpose of notifying you about products, services, events or activities of relevance to you.
Information that you supply to PRINTS PUBLICATIONS is held securely and strict security procedures are followed to prevent unauthorized access or use.
Information to improve our site
- We also collect information automatically about your visit to our site. This information is used to help us follow browsing preferences on our site so that we can regularly improve our website and to enable more advanced features of our website, for example the electronic journal system.
- A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie folder of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are.
- The user has the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in their browser. However, the user may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
About the Policy